OpTOYmizing
nex_jt.png pre_jt.png ho_thumb_jt.png

Contribute with your knowledge

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I need something more valuable than gold... your knowledge! I´m betting that just like me, you have built a pile of parts from a wide range of collections. And from time to time, you go searching the web trying to identify this or that part. Sometimes, you can even come across this or that site and voilà, there it is, the part eluding you for so many years! I have helped identifying hundreds of parts as figures and vehicles. And sometimes I even get a kick out of it, and in the same spirit, I´ll try my luck with my dear friends and see how you can help me out here!

Most if not all these parts came with lots... of lots of action figures (parts, accessories, etc). I´m guessing some belong to obscure figures and/or brands. But some may eventually belong to "mainstream" lines from TF to Turtles, Biker Mice or Fantastic4.

These images are not scaled, so I used a quarter (25 cents) of a dollar when it was difficult to determine the size just by looking.

48- Robo Force Dred Crawler by Ideal, 1984.

Some of  these really look cool, and cool stuff generally belongs to a cool line.

50 - Dark Knight Collection:Bruce Wayne with Quick Change Batman Suit, 54 - Robocop and the Ultra Police

Just like the accessories, I have a ton of incomplete figures and vehicles, and some of them are next to impossible to find info about. Hence the idea of reaching out to my dear friends and followers so that we together may find a way to post another complete set here! And obviously if the parts are not needed, those who identify them will have first dibbs!

I'm reading: Contribute with your knowledgeTweet this!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post

26 comments: to “ Contribute with your knowledge

• VagueRant
    December 5, 2011 at 6:45 AM

I worked for a toys tore in Dallas and it was part of my job to be able to identify different figures. Accessories were never my thing since they always seemed to vanish soon after opening. lol

December 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Yeah, it´s a hard job. I manage to find pretty much all of them, but it takes days, weeks, even months and years to come across the right images, loose (since MIB or MOC raraely help). Since this post, I already foun half a dozen of them. Great sites like www.figurerealm.com help a lot. Auctions too, and so on and so forth.

• VagueRant
    December 6, 2011 at 3:46 AM

That's how I found an image for that "whip" weapon for Cloudburst. Glad you're able to figure those out. Thanks for the link!

December 6, 2011 at 6:18 AM

No problem! There are quite a few cool sites like action figure archive. Pretty awesome work there too.

• Anonymous
    December 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM

62: Power Rangers first series. Black Ranger weapon.

December 13, 2011 at 2:20 AM

"Anonymous", you´re the man (or woman). Thank you for your help!

• Anonymous
    December 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I think I recognize 16. That's a Lego Piece for their Bionicle line... I think.

December 16, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Thanks for your help! Is it the same anonymous? lol Thanks ;)

• Machado100
    December 17, 2011 at 8:42 AM

The 63 it´s a Playmobil item from 3531 set.

December 18, 2011 at 4:43 AM

@ Machado100: I was suspicious it could be Playmobil, since the handles fit the figures. Thanks!

• RBL
    January 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

11. Bioman/liveman robot bootleg.
    45. Looks like lego technick or k´nex parts.
    I have the 55 too, still unknown.

January 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Thanks RBL. 55 is a Dino Riders weapon.

• RBL
    February 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Oh, I said, 45. It´s actually 49 that looks some parts form lego technick o k´nex.
    39. I saw a pringload gun like that in a rebranded pack of various dinosaur and action figures close to chapmei but some bigger and in a more childist style at Carrefour.
    10 and 13. I think these have relationship with a small liveman/bioman robot bootleg. Look at the original big one´s sword http://pictures.todocoleccion.net/tc/2011/01/05/23829432.jpg

February 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Thanks again RBL!!!

• garsh
    February 16, 2012 at 4:13 AM

#53 looks like a Mighty World cement block.

February 16, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Thanks garsh! You seem to be right!!!

• Javier
    June 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I think that #15 are a part of the Doomcycle (grey) and Turbocycle (red) from Mattel's Secret Wars series. They were vehicles (a motorcycle with a sidecar) for the superheroes and villains of Marvel. The parts go on top of a fin at the end of the seat for the pilot.
    Congratulations for the good and interesting blog.

June 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Javier, thanks. I actually found that a couple of weeks ago when I posted the Turbocycle, but I DO appreciate your contribution! Thank you for the comment. I will refresh the pictures set and start a new cycle!

• Moonchild666
    July 1, 2012 at 3:23 PM

#2 is from Biker Mice from Mars
    #27 is legs from the Star Wars (Kenner) Tripod Cannon
    #59 looks like one of the cannons for the playset for Remco's "Mantech" line. But the connector on the bottom looks weird, here's how mine looks: http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/Feikn/Action%20Figures/Mantech%20playset/?action=view&current=mantechbase3parts.jpg
    So maybe it's from something else from Remco?

July 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Moonchild666 is ripping!!! Thank you!

• formbx257
    July 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM

#30 is from Toybiz (Charan Toy) Wolverine 5th edition.
    #64 is a Macross Valkyrie rifle. It is hollow, so it is from a scale like 1:100 or smaller.

July 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Thank you formbx257, guys you should really check out his reviews on youtube, great stuff!

• Anonymous
    August 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

51= White Ranger sword

54= Robocop gun

August 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Thank you anonymous! ;)

• Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Thanks for helping ME identify a part like number 48!

In exchange, I can tell you that #46 comes from the original MMPR Megazord toy (reference below)

(image 1)

#44 comes from one of the Micro machines connecting city sets, the Battle Block

This guy also seems to have some of the other stuff you're looking for:

• 80sRetroToys
    August 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM

4 Real Ghostbusters Helicopter
    14 Guardian patrol (sectaurs knock off toyline)
    18 Fantastic 4 fantasticar 1995 version
    27 Kenner star wars tripod laser cannon
    31 A team headquarters galoob (released in many colours)
    33 Legions of Power toyline