OpTOYmizing
nex_jt.png pre_jt.png ho_thumb_jt.png

Soldier Force V-22 Osprey - UPDATED!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Found in Amsterdam, Holland (The Netherlands) back in 2007, due to packaging complications I had to leave the box behind, hence the post´s title lack of accuracy. I can´t remember the playset´s name and that IS a shame. Because I have never again seen this anywhere. V22s yes, with a big primate, NO.

So that makes it a very peculiar playset, and the only time I remember the big gorilla being included in a Soldier Force  action figure box.

Included accessories. Not much to show. The hooks and net are basically a common element in big Chap Mei helicopters.

Figure: "Captain Red A-6";

Figure: "Lieutenant Cooper - Tank Commander".

The V-22 Osprey . Chap Mei edition.THE ABSOLUTE HOLY GRAIL. A beauty however you look at it. 9 out 10 CM collectors tell me how much they want it, how much they need it. The new True Heroes AB-115 Shark is a spectacular ship, but this V22 still holds the crown.

This toy is absolutely great. Similar enough to the real Bell-Boeing aircraft, it´s filled with all that military 1:18 scale figure fans love.

It even folds up like the real aircraft!

Like most Chap Mei vehicles this size, comes with sound and light effects.

Battery compartment is located behind the RESCUE door. Pretty cool idea.

The 2 Rolls-Royce AE 1107C engines are very well depicted.

And what do "Joe" fans love? Everything a big and detailed air transport with personnel and vehicle capabilities has. Well, maybe not all, but most do...

Not sure if it has room for 32 figures (floor loaded), but it has a 7x4 inch floor, 5" high.

Completely stolen fame, little attention may be given to this little (and included) great armored mini-tank.

A TOW missile launcher and great little details. One of the best small armored vehicles from Chap Mei!

Giant Gorilla. Still very sought-after these days.

Scale shot for comparison. A really big primate. Imported from the Wild Quest series.

Nicely articulated, a 9 1/2 inch tall figure weighting over 700g (25oz).

Figure: Giant Gorilla. Includes sound effects when arms move. It can beat on its chest or move its arms in the air. Either way, sounds activate (powered by 2 AA batteries).

Status: Unavailable

I'm reading: Soldier Force V-22 Osprey - UPDATED!Tweet this!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post

19 comments: to “ Soldier Force V-22 Osprey - UPDATED!

• Anonymous
    April 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

wish I could have found this one, great review as always

• Luís "ToneGuns" Galileu Tonelli
    April 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM

It's a shame that such a cool vehicle had a bad distribution in the USA. I get all my things from there, so a good distribution of this MV-22 would be sure part of my collection.

The vehicle is perfect for the Joes, modern and very versatile. It has G.I. Joe written all over it. Congratulations on this review, the pictures gave us many important details about the figure.

• Ghouldrool
    April 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM

My personal Chap Mei holy grail was The Mighty Hurricane T-Rex from 'Beast Raider' Ah, that thing was unfindable!! It's still in very, very high demand, not as much from the Joe fans but that fantasy, He-man collectors are after it even more.
    As for the Osprey, it's a wonderful vehicle, one of Chap Mei's best - though I hope to aquire a Pirates II 'Mirage' ghost ship and see if that's a contender for the throne of best vehicle.
    Even harder to get than the Osprey: The Osprey in white, as it's been released as a Dino Valley item as well!!

Excellent review, as ever.

• JoMi
    April 25, 2010 at 10:59 PM

The OSPREY IN WHITE!!! Man, don´t get me started. Had it in my hands back in 2008, in France I believe. It wasn´t even that expensive, around 60€... (80 bucks). And I was like: Nahhhh... already got one. So you can only imagine the present frustration. However... when I was in Holland, a year before that, I did see a Hurricane T-Rex in Apeldoorn...

Thanks for the thumbs up!

• Marius
    April 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Whoa! Now this is a find! I wish I had one!!!

• Alan
    July 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Does anyone know where I can get one of these???

• JoMi
    July 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Not easy Alan! Not at all. Been to France 3 times since I saw one boxed there but to this day, zip. Nevertheless, if anything comes by, will let you know.

• Anonymous
    September 5, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Is it for sale if it's not you should put it for sale for 60$
    You have to put it for sale I've been looking for this for 5 months now and I would love to have one and for it to be a part of my collection I got the ab shark or however you spell it for 50$ and you should sale it for 70$ before Christmas so I can get it for Christmas . It's the best toy ever and I would love to have it plus you would make lots of money off of it please please please start making them for stores especially for toy r us in Ohio near bordman or the east wood mall please it would be so big that you could be a billion nare please

• JoMi
    September 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

No, it´s not for sale :) And I´m pretty sure most collectors would get it if it was 2 or 3 times that price, I know I would if I had the chance...

• emmanuel adi utama
    February 9, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I got 2 last week and Im waiting for my 3rd one YaY :)

• JoMi
    February 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Hi emmanuel! Send some pics please!

• emmanuel adi utama
    February 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM

here you are :)

• JoMi
    February 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Thanks. But that´s one. you mentioned 2? I´d love to see 2 of these babies side by side ;)

• emmanuel adi utama
    February 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM

oh the other one i seperated the pieces, cause im making a custom gi joe osprey, but ill try to make pics soon :)

• Anonymous
    March 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

The armored vehicle carried is not a tank (it has no turret with gun of 60mm or more).

It is a recon vehicle based on the German Wiesel.

• JoMi
    March 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Tank: a heavy armoured fighting vehicle carrying guns and moving on a continuous articulated metal track :)

• emmanuel adi utama
    May 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I know its been a while but a promise is a promise (by the way since I got 3, the other one is for trade)

• emmanuel adi utama
    May 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Have up one for trade right now ;)

• Jonathan
    July 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Is this SOLDIER FORCE OSPREY still being sold? If so where? Emmanuelle, your pictures are great, where or whom did you purchase these great vehicles from? Thank you for your time.

Jon